What's New in Visual Subst
Visual Subst v2.2 (June 6, 2019) changelog:
- Added drive change notifications for Windows Explorer
- Improved creation and synchronization of elevated drives
- Fixed empty label text when pressing Save button
- Some other minor bugfixes and improvements
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 06-Jun-19 11:43
Visual Subst v2.1 (April 22, 2019) changelog:
- Added /? or /HELP command line switch
- Some minor bug fixes and improvements
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 22-Apr-19 02:08
Visual Subst solves three main issues with the built-in 'subst' command: it seamlessly creates drives for elevated applications, adds editable drive labels and restores drives after reboots. Also, Visual Subst makes it easier to create, edit and remove virtual drives in a GUI way.
- UAC and elevated applications: Visual Subst seamlessly creates virtual drives for elevated applications duplicating the drives created for the standard user. It bypasses UAC prompts using the same technique as Hidden Start with /NOUAC switch making no distraction to the user.
- Virtual drive labels: Drive labels are useful if you often use Windows Explorer. Visual Subst allows you to define and edit virtual drive labels easily.
- Restoring drives after restart: Visual Subst saves the list of virtual drives and loads it on the system startup. No additional action required – just make sure that “Create virtual drives on system startup” option is enabled.
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 22-Mar-19 13:31