New version of Sticky Previews is available for download. It adds full support for Windows 8 and contains some minor performance improvements.
Changelog for Sticky Previews v1.6:
- Fixed bugs and added full support for Windows 8
- Some other minor improvements
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 05-Feb-13 04:59
New version of WinSnap was released today. It contains updated drawing tool icons and several other UI improvements.
Changelog for WinSnap v4.0.5 (June 11, 2012):
- New line tool and updated tool icons/cursors
- Better compatibility with Windows 8 Release Preview
- Fixed issue with incorrect cursor position and Aero theme
- Fixed issue with File->New command in Windows Explorer
- Some other improvements and bug fixes
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 11-Jun-12 14:39
New version of WindowSpace is available for download now. It's a maintenance release which adds support for Windows 8 Release Preview:
Changelog for WindowSpace v2.5.7:
- Test support for Windows 8 Release Preview
- Improvements and optimization on the installer
- Some minor improvements and bug fixes
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 02-Jun-12 04:17
New version of VistaSwitcher has been released today:
Changelog for VistaSwitcher v1.1.5:
- New language files: Persian, Arabic, Hungarian, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Slovenian
- Unified installer for 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows
- Virus false positive solved by making a new exe
- Fixed an issue with the main right-click menu
- Some other minor improvements and bug fixes
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 12-May-12 14:03
It took too long to make this release, but it's finally available for download. Version 4.0.4 contains several improvements and stability enhancements. Here are the main changes:
Tool menu icons:
Support for Windows 8 Consumer Preview:
Changelog for WinSnap v4.0.4 (May 8, 2012):
- Support for Windows 8 Consumer Preview
- Added "Copy images with transparency" option
- Added application and folder icons in Tools menu
- Right-click on empty area opens Advanced File menu
- Changed default window size for different resolutions
- Fixed control and window sizes in high DPI mode
- Removed "LICENSED TO" from the titlebar in the registered version
- Several other minor improvements and bug fixes
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 08-May-12 15:19
This is mainly a bugfix release, changelog:
- Keyboard shortcuts to move/resize objects (arrow keys, ctrl, shift)
- Line color/thickness, drawing tool are now restored after restart
- Adjusted line thickness for region selection on low screen resolutions
- Auto-Copy puts screenshot to clipboard when effects are changed
- Fixed issues when pressing PrintScrn in region selection mode
- Fixed dwmapi.dll error on Windows XP 64-Bit Edition
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 12-Feb-12 09:59
The new major version of WinSnap is officially released and available for download. This is probably the most significant update since version 1.0. There are a lot of new features and UI enhancements, but I tried to keep it simple and elegant as first version.
Changelog for WinSnap v4.0.1 (January 24, 2012):
- New major version of WinSnap with reworked UI
- Built-in image editor: arrows, rectangles, text annotations
- Capture native Aero shadows in Window and Application modes
- In-place color effects: grayscale, darken, lighten, sepia, invert
- Copy/paste images with transparency to Office 2010 and other apps
- Advanced file commands: open location, copy path, delete, rename
- Close to tray, minimize to tray, always on top commands
- Improved region selection: larger magnifier, crossing lines
- No support for Windows 2000, minimum - XP, recommended - Win7
- Tons of other improvements and fixes
Changelog for WinSnap v4.0.2 (January 27, 2012):
- Fixed showing/restoring the main window after capture
- Fixed sharpness of printed images and print resolution
- Fixed restoring of auto-save and auto-copy options at startup
- Fixed issue with watermark position on the bottom-left
- Fixed issue with 1px outline when shadow is disabled
- Fixed closing of tray menu on losing focus and ESC
- Fixed background color of copied to clipboard images
- Fixed non-default format selection in Save dialog
- Many minor improvements and bug fixes
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 26-Jan-12 15:30
New version of Hidden Start was released today. Now Hstart can process long command lines with more that 2,048 characters - there is no limit.
Changelog for Hidden Start v4.1:
- Added support for long commands with more than 2k characters
- Hstart now ignores empty command arguments like "" or " "
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 30-Nov-11 15:03
New version of WindowSpace was released today, changelog:
- Added workaround for Win + Shift + Arrow Keys on Windows 7
- Fixed "Don't show this message again" in the Hotkey error dialog
- Fixed a few minor issues with the settings dialogs
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 21-Nov-11 09:12
I want you to get involved in an open development process of WinSnap 4. Please note it’s not the release, it’s the most active development phase when I’m mainly working on the killer features that will make WinSnap 4 stand out. I’m considering the usage scenarios, reworking the user interface, rethinking everything, and of course fixing bugs. All features I’m showing here are subjects to change!
Capture Native Aero Shadows
As promised, WinSnap 4 has an option to capture native window and menu shadows under Windows 7 and Vista. It actually works like “capture native shadows when possible”. When it’s not possible to capture native shadows, WinSnap adds its own shadow effect.
The difference is noticeable in inactive window shadows and menu shadows.
Arrows, Rectangles and Annotations
The main advantage of WinSnap 4 will be ability to quickly edit and annotate screenshots.
The look-n-feel of the drawing objects will be improved in the future releases. Currently it’s just the basic concept.
In-Place Color Effects
Color effects can be applied to the captured images: darken, lighten, grayscale and inverted colors. It’s supposed to be used in combination with rectangular and ellipse selections when you want to highlight an area on the screenshot.
Smart Image Crop
Now you can crop a part of your screenshot in WinSnap. It looks like the standard “Crop” tool that any image editor has, but WinSnap takes into account the window form and shadow. Note the difference when you crop screenshots with native Aero shadows.
Both screenshots are cropped with WinSnap, left screenshot has a native Aero shadow.
Copy/Paste Images with Transparency
It works with Office 2010 applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) and with WinSnap itself. When you copy a screenshot to the clipboard, WinSnap preserves its transparent and semi-transparent areas and shadows.
Now you can copy/paste screenshots with transparency from WinSnap to PowerPoint presentations and Word documents, or copy/paste Office 2010 drawing objects, clip arts, charts and shapes from Word to WinSnap.
Minor Tweaks and Improvements
Since I’m reworking everything in WinSnap, there are lots of improvements in the UI and overall feeling. WinSnap 4 has a button on the taskbar, larger controls in the main window, improved region and object selection.
My favorite improvement is that cursor and watermark are recognized as image objects in WinSnap 4. It’s very useful sometimes, because you can move the cursor or watermark over the screenshot image.
Any Feedback is Welcome!
If you want to get involved in an open development process, download the latest ‘dev’ snapshot of WinSnap 4. Test it yourself for a while and post your comments, thoughts and suggestions on the forum. Many updates are coming soon!
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 10-Oct-11 15:09
Showing 1 - 10 of 101 Articles | Page 1 of 11