These utilities are small and easy to use. Most of them do not require any installation and are provided in the form of a ZIP archive. If you have any questions or suggestions, please post your messages to the corresponding forum threads.
Hidden Start is a small startup manager that allows console applications and batch scripts to be started without any window in the background. It can start multiple applications in the specified order, handle UAC privilege elevation under Windows Vista/7 and much more.
There are a few real-world examples of using Hstart:
- Example 1: Automate your daily backups
- Example 2: Optimize images with PNGOUT
- Example 3: Code Signing with one click
More examples coming soon...
Visual Subst is a small tool that allows you to associate the most accessed directories with virtual drives. It uses the same API similar to the console 'subst' utility, but makes it easier to create and remove virtual drives in a GUI way.
This program lets you close all running applications with one click. It doesn’t use system resources because it only flashes a ‘close’ signal to all open applications on the desktop and then ceases.
This tool does nothing! It only emulates a bad application. BadApp allows you to change its process priority, start an endless loop (i.e. "hang" or stop responding) and crash its process. In addition, it can flash window and terminate the shell process - Windows Explorer.
- WinSnap - Enable Superior Screenshots – Screen capture utility for everyday tasks
- WindowSpace - Most Organized Workspace – Software for large monitors, widescreens and multi-monitor systems
- Hidden Start - Run Apps In The Background – Run applications and batch files without a console window or UAC prompt
- Sticky Previews for Windows 7 and Vista – Picture-in-Picture control for Windows applications
- VistaSwitcher - Speed Up Windows Alt-Tab – Most elegant and powerful Alt-Tab replacement for Windows