What's New in WinSnap
New version of WinSnap comes with a significantly improved high DPI support. It's an essential upgrade for high resolution displays! Here is how the new version looks like on Windows 10, DPI set to 175%:
Compare with the older versions, same DPI:
Other products will be updated for high DPI as well.
Changelog for WinSnap v4.5.7 (February 18, 2017):
- Added higher resolution images and icons for high DPI
- Toolbars and UI elements look much better now on high DPI
- New translations: Czech, Italian, Hungarian, Slovenian
- Installer is DPI aware now and looks much better with scaling
- Latest compilers - better code optimization for new CPUs
- Several fixes for Windows 10 compatibility
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 18-Feb-17 05:22
WinSnap now supports Windows 10 which means that it can automatically capture Windows 10 Aero and clear semi-transparent window backgrounds. Also this build contains 4 new languages.
If you want to translate WinSnap into your native language, feel free to contact me by email email@example.com and ask any questions you might have.
Changelog for WinSnap v4.5.6 (August 5, 2015):
- Support for Windows 10 (32- and 64-bit, Win10 Aero shadows, etc)
- New translations: Dutch, French, Simplified Chinese, Ukrainian
- Some other minor improvements and bug fixes
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 05-Aug-15 08:20
I'm glad to announce that WinSnap is multilingual again. New language files are in XML format. You can not only translate UI but also resize some controls and dialogs if there is not enough space for translated option names.
Version 4.5.5 contains 3 languages: German, Korean and Russian. If you want to translate WinSnap into your native language, feel free to contact me by email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask any questions you might have.
Changelog for WinSnap v4.5.5 (April 22, 2015):
- New translations: German, Korean, Russian
- Fixed an issue with closing WinSnap when the hotkey error dialog is active
- Fixed several minor issues with translated dialogs and controls
Changelog for WinSnap v4.5.4 (April 21, 2015):
- Multilingual User Interface (MUI) based on XML (ready for translation!)
- Added %IMGFILE% variable for custom tools
- Fixed an issue with auto-copying screenshots into clipboard
- Some minor UI improvements, changes to dialogs and controls
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 22-Apr-15 14:01
A new version of WinSnap was released today. It contains an improved Auto-Copy feature and addresses several issues. From now, WinSnap will always copy the up-to-date version of your screenshot when you draw something on it and switch to another application window.
Changelog for WinSnap v4.5.3 (June 30, 2014):
- Auto-Copy works more precisely now (when annotations change)
- Fixed issues with the Save As dialog and weird extensions (.com, .exe, etc)
- Fixed an issue that caused random crashes on checking updates
- Some other minor improvements and bug fixes
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 30-Jun-14 09:13
A new version of WinSnap has been released today. It adds the Highlight tool and contains several other minor tweaks, enhancements and performance optimizations.
Now you can easily highlight text and rectangular areas on your screenshots:
Small enhancements to Arrow and Pen tools:
For Pen, hold down CTRL or SHIFT:
Changelog for WinSnap v4.5.2 (April 1, 2014):
- New Highlight tool to highlight text and rectangular areas on screenshots
- Hold down CTRL key to draw arrows perfectly at 0, 45 and 90 degrees
- Adjusted minimum height and width of the main window
- Fixed SHIFT + Number to select drawing tools
- Main window restores default size on DPI change
- Several performance optimizations for Colorize effects
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 01-Apr-14 02:39
I’m happy to announce that WinSnap v4.5.1 is available for download. This version contains several UI enhancements and bug fixes as well. After releasing version 4.5 last week, I received a lot of emails about the removed Copy button. Now, Copy button is back as an option! You can show or hide it from the View menu:
You can show or hide the Save button the same way (as in previous versions, double-click on the Snapshot pane saves the image):
Or hide both buttons if you don’t need them:
The default font for Text objects is now set to “Segoe UI” on Windows Vista and above. Also, font name, size and style are now correctly restored after restart.
NOTE: WinSnap 4.5 is a free upgrade for all registered customers. If you experience any problems with activation, please send an email to email@example.com with your registration information (name and email).
Changelog for WinSnap v4.5.1 (February 24, 2014):
- Added optional “Copy Image” button to the Snapshot pane
- Added options to show/hide Copy and Save buttons (View menu)
- Added limited support for Windows 8.1 per-monitor DPI settings
- Default font for text objects is now set to “Segoe UI” on Vista and above
- Font name, text size and style are now saved and restored correctly
- Fixed an issue with capture options in the Settings dialog
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 24-Feb-14 02:21
After a long delay, the new version of WinSnap is ready to demonstrate you its all-new screen capture and image editing capabilities along with the classy and elegant interface. All of the new enhancements including presets and quick preferences, new drawing tools, improved support for the most recent Windows 8 Aero theme, various tweaks and fixes will facilitate your screen capture software experience further and beyond!
Get to Know the All-New WinSnap
Redesigned and updated user interface comes in 4 different styles (Black, Silver, Blue and System) and significantly improves the overall usability. Modernized editing and capture controls allow easier access to program options and tools, yet still keeping the UI simple and intuitive.
Now you can switch between native and custom shadow effects after capture. WinSnap automatically removes native Aero shadow and adds shadow effect of your choice (color, size, direction, opacity). Also WinSnap 4.5 introduces presets and quick preferences for shadow and other effects.
New "Pen" tool draws a smooth spline curve:
Please note that settings are reset to defaults if you install WinSnap 4.5 over a previous version. If you changed the default directory for your screenshots or other preferences, you have to do it again after installing this update.
Changelog for WinSnap v4.5.0 (February 17, 2014):
- New fully redesigned user interface and icons (4 styles, Black default)
- Added presets and quick preferences for shadow and other effects
- Added ability to switch between native and custom shadow effects
- Added "Center" direction for custom shadow effect
- Added "Pen" tool which draws a smooth spline curve
- Added "View" menu to customize UI appearance and style
- Added snapshot size info and current mouse position
- Improved support for Windows 8 Aero theme
- Fixed initial capture when running from Windows 8 Start Menu
- Settings are reset to defaults if you install 4.5 over a previous version
- Many other minor fixes, tweaks and enhancements
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 17-Feb-14 00:40
New version of WinSnap was released today. It contains updated drawing tool icons and several other UI improvements.
Changelog for WinSnap v4.0.5 (June 11, 2012):
- New line tool and updated tool icons/cursors
- Better compatibility with Windows 8 Release Preview
- Fixed issue with incorrect cursor position and Aero theme
- Fixed issue with File->New command in Windows Explorer
- Some other improvements and bug fixes
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 11-Jun-12 12:39
It took too long to make this release, but it's finally available for download. Version 4.0.4 contains several improvements and stability enhancements. Here are the main changes:
Tool menu icons:
Support for Windows 8 Consumer Preview:
Changelog for WinSnap v4.0.4 (May 8, 2012):
- Support for Windows 8 Consumer Preview
- Added "Copy images with transparency" option
- Added application and folder icons in Tools menu
- Right-click on empty area opens Advanced File menu
- Changed default window size for different resolutions
- Fixed control and window sizes in high DPI mode
- Removed "LICENSED TO" from the titlebar in the registered version
- Several other minor improvements and bug fixes
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 08-May-12 13:19
This is mainly a bugfix release, changelog:
- Keyboard shortcuts to move/resize objects (arrow keys, ctrl, shift)
- Line color/thickness, drawing tool are now restored after restart
- Adjusted line thickness for region selection on low screen resolutions
- Auto-Copy puts screenshot to clipboard when effects are changed
- Fixed issues when pressing PrintScrn in region selection mode
- Fixed dwmapi.dll error on Windows XP 64-Bit Edition
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 12-Feb-12 07:59