What's New in WindowSpace
This release of WindowSpace adds full support for Windows 10, 32-bit and 64-bit. No more issues with hotkey combinations and incorrect window placement!
Changelog for WindowSpace v2.6.0 (August 25, 2015):
- Added full support for Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Some default hotkey combinations were changed
- Fixed an issue with storing Win+[...]+Arrow Keys hotkeys
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 25-Aug-15 06:12
This maintenance release of WindowSpace fixes several issues with unusual multi-monitor configurations and taskbar placement. It also adds full support for Windows 8.1 per-monitor DPI settings.
Changelog for WindowSpace v2.5.9 (March 6, 2014):
- Added full support for Windows 8.1 per-monitor DPI settings
- Fixed an issue with snapping when taskbar is placed on top
- Fixed several issues with unusual multi-monitor configurations
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 06-Mar-14 00:07
New version of WindowSpace was released today, changelog:
- Added workaround for Win + Shift + Arrow Keys on Windows 7
- Fixed "Don't show this message again" in the Hotkey error dialog
- Fixed a few minor issues with the settings dialogs
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 21-Nov-11 07:12
New version of WindowSpace was released today. Even on Windows 7, you can reassign now Win + Arrow Keys in the WindowSpace Settings. After a few hours of investigation I found a workaround to fix this annoying issue.
Changelog for WindowSpace v2.5.5:
- New translations: Georgian - more than 14 languages now!
- WindowSpace can reassign Win + Arrow Keys on Windows 7
- Default hotkeys are now the same on all versions of Windows
- A few changes to option names were made
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 19-Sep-11 08:44
New version of WindowSpace contains a greatly improved installer. Finally, I fixed an issue with updating WindowSpace DLLs caused the following error to be displayed:
Starting from v2.5.4, WindowSpace setup asks for rebooting (if DLLs are in use):
If reboot is not required, the setup page looks like before:
Changelog for WindowSpace v2.5.4:
- New translations: Turkish - more than 13 languages now!
- Unified installer for 32-bit and 64-bit editions (single download file)
- Added reboot support to install/uninstall process
- Some minor improvements and bug fixes
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 06-Apr-11 09:33
This maintenance release of WindowSpace contains a few updated language files and several minor improvements. Version information and "Check for Updates" link are now shown in the Settings dialog.
Changelog for WindowSpace v2.5.3:
- New translations: German and Dutch (12+ languages now)
- Added version info and "check updates" link into the settings dialog
- Some default settings were changed (snap to side - 50%)
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 13-Feb-11 00:12
This is the first stable release of WindowSpace 2.5. It contains several performance and stability improvements, as well as many bug fixes. Also I've updated the English language template file. WindowSpace 2.5 is now ready for translation!
Changelog for WindowSpace v2.5.2:
- Improved performance and stability of Snap-To-Side feature
- Fixed several issues with dragging/restoring maximized windows
- Fixed an issue with dragging/restoring Word 2007/2010 windows
- Fixed an issue with incorrect Snap-To-Side settings on Windows XP
- Added option "Disable global hotkeys" (Hotkeys, Advanced Options)
- Revised English language template file (see Translation.txt)
- Updated Russian translation for version 2.5
- Several other improvements and bug fixes
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 26-Oct-10 02:05
This beta is the first version 2.5.x release of WindowSpace. It introduces a better support for Windows 7 and several major improvements on Snap-To-Side feature.
Seamless Integration with Windows 7
If Snap-To-Side feature is enabled, WindowSpace now turns off the built-in Windows 7's Aero Snap feature with no actions required from the user. You can check it by the following steps:
There are 2 major enhancements on the Snap-To-Side feature:
- added options to customize the width of the docked window
- dragging a maximized window away from the top of the screen restores its orginal size (similar to the Windows 7's Snap feature)
Other Minor Improvements
I've changed some default settings, polished UI and option names. Also there is a new trial reminder dialog and some other minor improvements I didn't mention.
Changelog for WindowSpace v2.5.1 Beta:
- Seamless integration with Windows 7 (Snap-To-Side replaces Aero Snap)
- Added ability to set the width of the docked windows (Snap-To-Side)
- Drag maximized window away from the top to restore its original size
- Improved support for complex multi-monitor setups
- Some other improvements and bug fixes
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 13-Oct-10 12:40