What's New in Sticky Previews
The new version of Sticky Previews adds support for Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 Technical Preview. It also fixes several issues with high-DPI settings and blank desktop previews on Windows 8.
Changelog for Sticky Previews v1.7:
- Added support for Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 TP
- Fixed several issues with per-monitor DPI settings
- Fixed an issue with blank desktop previews on Windows 8
- Some other minor bug fixes and improvements
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 22-Oct-14 06:55
New version of Sticky Previews is available for download. It adds full support for Windows 8 and contains some minor performance improvements.
Changelog for Sticky Previews v1.6:
- Fixed bugs and added full support for Windows 8
- Some other minor improvements
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 05-Feb-13 02:59
The new version of Sticky Previews includes an option to set up the default double-click action. Also the distribution package is now a single download file for both 32-bit and 64-bit editions.
Changelog for Sticky Previews v1.4:
- Added option to set up double-click preview action
- Unified 32-bit and 64-bit installer (single download file)
- Some minor bug fixes and improvements
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 05-Apr-11 01:59
The new version of Sticky Previews adds the ability to maximize/restore previews to the current monitor. It also improves the way you select the preview regions (single mousedown/mouseup operation).
Changelog for Sticky Previews v1.3:
- Single-click selection of the preview region (mousedown/mouseup)
- Added ability to maximize preview to the current monitor
- Double-click now maximizes/restores preview
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 11-Feb-11 23:23
The new version of Sticky Previews adds the ability to pan/scroll around inside the preview window. Hold down the CTRL key, click the preview and drag the mouse left-right or up-down.
You can also use the Arrow Keys if you prefer the keyboard over the mouse.
Changelog for Sticky Previews v1.2:
- Pan/scroll around the preview window using Ctrl + mouse drag
- New keyboard shortcuts: Arrow Keys (same as Ctrl + mouse drag)
- Some minor bug fixes and improvements
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 16-Jun-10 00:20
The second release of Sticky Previews is mainly intended to fix bugs of the previous version and provide some stability and performance enhancements.
Changelog for Sticky Previews v1.1:
- Zoom In / Zoom Out previews using +/- keyboard shortcuts
- Added support for multiple monitors when the primary monitor is on the right
- Message about the Aero theme is displayed only if there are active previews now
- Fixed an issue with previews of Windows Media Player on Windows 7
- Fixed an issue with zooming out small-sized previews
- Several stability and performance improvements
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 09-May-10 02:19
I'm very proud to annouce the first release of my new enhancement utility for Windows 7 which I called "Sticky Previews". Here are its logo and a short description:
Sticky Previews is a lightweight productivity tool that lets you create live previews of any window or a screen region of your choice. It keeps previews above all other applications like a sticky-note thus allowing you to monitor any background window in real time no matter which application you’re working with.
In its behavior Sticky Previews is very similar to picture-in-picture TV technology, but for desktop applications.
Personally, I use it mainly to watch YouTube videos in the background when I'm doing everyday things.
You can quickly make the active preview larger or smaller just by using the mouse wheel or Plus/Minus keyboard shortcuts.
The small yet convenient trick here is to not close the preview window when the video stops playing. Instead, double-click it to open the parent application (a browser in this case) and run another video - it will play in the same preview window.
I would love to give it away, but I do have bills to pay. So, it is priced at $9.95 per user.
Posted by Alexander Avdonin on 26-Apr-10 11:23